First off, Happy Thanksgiving! I have a few friends that blog every Thursday about things they are thankful for. In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I would also do the same. So, here is my list of 10 things I am thankful for. Some may seem small, and this is in no way a comprehensive list. I encourage you to also post this, I am curious to know what you are thankful for as well!
1) My family- from my parents to my extended family (that I dont get to see nearly as often as I would like!), I am thankful for them all. If I had to think of one word to describe my parents it would be grace. As children often do, I have really had some major screw ups in my 23 years. While I know there have been times of dissapointment, they have never failed to love me unconditionally and show me the grace and love of Jesus. I am so thankful for them!
2) Breck Tatem- I know I probably blog about that little guy more than in necessary, but he is a huge part of my life. Its a funny thing because I have always loved children, but I had no idea how much I would love my nephew. There is no question in my mind that I would do anything for him. He has already brought so much joy to my life. I am so so so so so blessed by that baby!
3) Friends- I have the best friends a girl could ask for. Friends that I could call anytime night or day to get advice from. Friends that love me unconditionally. Friends that have stuck with me through thick or thin. Friends that have accepted who I am without any pretenses. Friends that I am not sure I could do life without. I love them more than they will ever know!
4) Tallulah- for those of you who do not know, Tallulah is my dog. I know it seems silly, but I couldnt imagine my little life without this little 4 legged animal. When you are single and live alone, there isnt much better than walking into the door to an eager dog with a wagging tail! She is my bed buddy and is always excited to see me...what more could a girl ask for?
5) My Kitchen Aid mixer- Here is one that will really seem trivial to some. I got my red mixer a few years back for Christmas and it has gone down in my book as my most favorite Christmas gift of all time. I LOVE to cook/entertain and use that thing at least twice a week, sometimes even more. It is so pretty on my counter top and comes in handy when I need to whip up something. I sure do love that piece of machinery!
6) Twilight- Being in school full time and pretty much only reading books about the human body, I welcome any relief. This semester, that relief has come in the form of the Twilight series of books. It has been a blessing in many ways to come home after a long day of school and curl up next to my fireplace and dive into this book. I am now on the 3rd book in the series, Eclipse, and hope to finish them all up by the start of next semester. Any suggestions on what my next book selection should be??
7) The bathtub- I have taken a bubble bath nearly every night for the last 10 or so years. My friends even know about my love for a nice hot bath, and it is not uncommon to receive bubble bath as a present :) I so enjoy my nightly routine of taking a good bath and then curling into bed. It helps me fall asleep every night and seeing as I have class at 8 in Midway every day, sleep is a good thing!
8) My church- I have gone to Crossroads my entire life and wouldn't change that for anything. Some of my most meaningful friendships have come out that Church. I would have never even met Emily and possibly not be such good friends with Maria had we not all been in small group together! I love the staff and so appreciate their hearts for the Lord. Their wisdom and guidance has helped me become who I am today, I will forever be thankful!
9) The BLC- I have blogged about this group of ladies before but I'm at it again! They are so special to me. I look forward to our monthly dinner meetings an the meaninful friendships that we are forming. It has already been wonderful and we are only 5 months in! I can only imagine the things that the Lord has in store for our relationships.
10) Facebook- such a blessing and a curse at the same time. Although it takes up way too much of my time, it has also been such a great way to keep in touch with old friends. I don't think I would still be in contact with nearly as many people from high school without this brilliant website.
Maria took all of the pictures from Friday night. I did however snap a picture of my table using my cell phone camera and thought I would share. I will blog in more detail about it when Maria uploads them all. I will say that I sure do love my friends and am already ready for next years friends Thanksgiving :)
This Friday night we are having the second annual "Friends Thanksgiving." My sister and her friends have done this for years and we decided to follow suit last year. I really love it. I roast the turkey and everyone brings a dish. There is just something about having a group of people you love in one room, eating around one big table together. I was just thinking the other day about how I have had the same core group of friends for so many years, that seems so rare. I am beyond blessed by my friends! We will also be celebrating that Colin is home from Iraq! Colin is a good friend from high school that has been serving in Iraq for over a year. Last year it was strange without him here with us, what a blessing that he will be here this year! Also, Mark and Maria are celebrating their 4 year anniversary this week! I love watching the two of them interact. Talk about two people that were made for each other. They are so perfect for one another its not even funny.
Hopefully I will get some good pictures to share :)
I'm hooked...just like every other person on the planet. Going to see the movie Friday during the day with Maria! I am almost finished with New Moon. So far, I actually enjoy it more than I did Twilight. I think it is because everyone had been talking about Twilight and how great it is, so I had a lot of expectations going into it. With New Moon, I hadn't really heard too much about it, so I am forming my own opinion without any bias :) Is it wrong to be in love with a completely fictional character? I sure hope not.
The Halloween Party this year was so much fun! We had a fire pit (complete with smores), a projector playing scary movies in the backyard, and plenty of food and drinks! Everyone came dressed to impress!
The hostesses with the mostest. Em (Salt), yours truly (a witch) and Ria (Pepper). Aren't their costumes just the cutest?
I'm not sure she (Brittany Fink-White) could have looked any more like Sarah Palin, it was perfect!
I was trying to fly away...but someone grabbed my broom!
The BLC incognito! From left to right- Mary, Jineane, Maria, Ami, Emily, Jen
As always, the BLC had a great meeting. We ended up sitting and gabbing for 3 hours! It was back to Lexington this month, so Emily and myself decided to take the crew to DeSha's downtown. We had a great little table upstairs and lots of privacy, which led to some interesting conversation ;) I sure do love these ladies and always leave thinking about how blessed I am to be a part of it. Here is our November picture...
Upcoming BLC events...
January Jamma Party- yes, we are grown women having a sleepover!
Jon and Kate plus 8 roadtrip- we all love the show and are traveling to Elizabethtown to see them speak in March! Em, Ria and myself saw them earlier this year, you can read about that trip on Rias blog here.
Of course we will also be having our monthly dinner meetings. January's meeting will mark 6 months of friendship!