Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Relay For Life

This Friday night I am excited to say that I will be participating in Relay for Life! It is a fund raiser done by the American Cancer Society and I am really looking forward to it. I am on a relay team with Maria, Mark, Laurette (Maria's mom) and some of Maria's coworkers. We are scheduled to walk our part at 10:30pm. Maria explained to me that the walk is through the night to represent the way cancer affects your life. You go from the dark and gloom of night, to hopefully the sun of morning! I will be walking in honor of my Aunt Cissy, who passed away just over two years ago from ovarian cancer, and Maria's grandma, who I am happy to report is cancer free after a battle with squamous cell cancer. Both amazing women! I will try and take some pictures of the night and post them this weekend. Until then...have a happy Tuesday!

PS: You can find more info on Relay For Life here.

No comments: