Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch

I was introduced to Randy Pausch via the Oprah show a few months ago. If you have never watched a video of this lecture, I would take time and do so. I have included the video.



Randy passed away today, July 25th. He has inspired so many people, myself included, to follow your childhood dreams. What a legacy to leave.

Here is a statement released today by the Lustgarten Foundation for pancreatic cancer. You can find the entire article here.

"It is with profound sadness that the Board and staff of The Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research mourn the loss of Dr. Randy Pausch, the Carnegie-Mellon computer sciences professor who became a household name for his now famous "Last Lecture." With his fearless examination of life and death, Randy has been and will continue to be an inspiration to millions. Randy understood well that scientific research is our best hope for finding a cure, and his tireless efforts to advance the state of the science for this disease are deeply appreciated. Never before has there been as outspoken and effective an advocate for this disease. It has been an honor and a privilege to know Randy Pausch. He will be missed."

2 comments:

Camille said...

I saw your blog b/c I posted about him too. Wasn't it just the most amazing "lecture." The kind I would not have minded sitting through, at all!! He really has touched so many lives. Thanks for sharing it here.

Cameron said...

i tagged you...

http://ingenueperspective.blogspot.com/2008/07/me.html