Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Pit In My Stomach...

I am here all week...
Which is obviously amazing! However, I have had a pit in my stomach all day today. If you read my blog with any regularity, you know Emily and Chris. Emily and I have been friends for over 20 years and I love and value her so much. She and Chris got married last summer and I was honored to be a part of their special day. It almost hurts me to write this, but right now, Chris is on his way to Iraq to serve our country. I am so thankful for his sacrifice, but the thought of E in Colorado (where they are stationed) without him is absolutely making me sick. Please join me in praying for his safety while he is over there. I will also be praying for Emily to have complete and total peace while he is there. I can't imagine what she must be feeling. The good news is that Emily is flying to Watercolor on Wednesday to spend some time at the beach. I am so happy that she will be down here and pray that being around close friends will help her cope with all that is going on.
Oh, and did I mention she is pregnant? I am also praying for this little peanut that I already adore. I am Breck's Aunt J, but will also be an aunt to this sweet baby!

Baby Hurst,
I love you and can't wait to hold you and spoil you! You have amazing parents.
Love,
Aunt J
Chris will be able to come home for a short time when the baby is born, which I am so thankful for! Please keep this family in your prayers over the next year!

No comments: