Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little love perspective



So, being a single gal, Valentines day can tend to be a little depressing. I woke up today and decided that I wasn't going to mope around. I was reading  a book recently on using this "season of singleness" to be productive and fall more and more in love with my heavenly Father, and I fully intend on doing just that. I am enjoying today. I got up, had lunch with a friend, went for a walk at the arboretum and am just treasuring not having any commitments. Whenever I get discouraged I try to remember who the author of romance is and how HE desires for me to find true perfect love. I read Beth Moore's blog every day and this morning she had blogged about exactly what I needed to hear, so I thought I would share it with you. I have always said that if I could pick 2 people to go to lunch with it would be Beth Moore and Paula Deen. Im sure Paula's Valentines day blog would have something to do with butter, but Beth's offered a little more inspiration ;) So what about you? If you are single, how do you plan to enjoy this day of love? If you are happily in love, how do you plan to cherish your mate? 


"...I also have an eternity-long Valentine who reigns in the Heavens. He is breathtakingly handsome and will spend more on a date than any man alive. Daddy's riches. I pray this day that you will thoroughly savor your Valentine, whether he is flesh and blood in all his wonderful imperfections in front of your eyes, or veiled from sight in such gleaming perfections that you couldn't live through a glance of Him if He showed up at your table. You are your Beloved's and His desire is toward you. Song of Songs 7:10. If you don't have a romantic interest in your life this year, let Jesus woo you today. Read what He's like in Psalm 45. Take a long walk with him. Or go get yourself some flowers from Him. I dare you to. That's His money in your pocket. Journal a long time to Him and tell Him your hopes and dreams. He's more vividly real than anything you can touch with your fingertips or see with your eyes, Beloved One.

Jesus, woo her this day. Make her feel so tended to that she wonders how anyone else on earth could sense you today."

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

wonderful perspective! Thanks for sharing the scripture!

Terri T said...

scripture was great...very much put things into perspective!