Saturday, April 18, 2009

Slow Cooker Saturday...Take 1!

Ok, so here we go, it's the first installment of Slow Cooker Saturday! Remember, I blogged about it here.  I made this recipe on Wednesday night for the LOST crew and it was a huge hit! I found it on this blog and thought it sounded so yummy. It was easy to put together and cooked in 4 hours, which is nice if you don't have all day. 

Chicken Gruyere

You will need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 lb gruyere cheese
1 box of chicken stuffing
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth or water (I used a little over a cup of stock and then water for the rest)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I don't like cream of mushroom, so I subbed in cream of chicken)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Wash your chicken breasts and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with sliced gruyere cheese.

Mix together stuffing, soup and broth and pour over chicken. Then cover the stuffing mixture with the grated parmesan cheese
Let cook for 3-4 hours on high and ENJOY! I served this with corn pudding, carrot soufflé, broccoli casserole and hoecakes. It would also be yummy over some egg noodles.  I highly recommend that you try it!

For dessert, I made a peach cream tart that was also very yummy. You can find that recipe here,
and you guessed it, the recipe is from Paula Deen! (shocking, I know)

Stay tuned for next week! Let me know if you have a favorite that you think I should try! 

No comments: