Saturday, April 18, 2009

Paula Deen


This picture was taken from my seat, just to give you an idea of how close we were!  Paula Deen was amazing, as usual. We arrived early enough and were able to score seats front row and center. I just about died when we sat down! 
So, remember when I said in this post that if I ever got to meet Paula Deen I would probably just break down and cry? Well folks, dreams do come true. Paula came out into the audience to mingle for a bit and was giving out hugs left and right. I almost had a heart attack when she came down our row. You better believe I was not going to let her pass without giving yours truly a hug, and she did! I got to hug Paula Deen! And keeping things honest here, I did cry (not a ton, but there were tears). I just couldn't believe that it was actually happening, I still am not sure that it has really sunk in. I know this may seem so silly, but for me it was the most exciting thing that could have ever happend. She also hugged Maria, which was equally as exciting! 
Paula talked to the audience for over an hour and took questions, she is so funny (and a little raunchy). I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing her live. Truth be told, I'm just waiting to meet Bobby Deen and for him to fall in love with me...now we're talkin'! 

No comments: