Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We're At It Again!

Maria and I are headed to Cincinnati on April 8th to see Paula Deen! This will be our 3rd time to see her live. Both times, we have been the youngest in the room, by far. Truth be told, we just love her! I feel sure that if I ever got to meet her, I would just break into tears. I have her business card proudly displayed on my refrigerator. If you have never read her memoir, I strongly recommend picking it up. Talk about someone who has beat the odds. She is such an inspiration and an example of what a strong woman looks like. So, on April 8th, say a little prayer for us. We will be battling a group of middle aged women for a good seat, and they can be ruthless! 

Here are a few pictures from our past Paula related adventures!
This was taken in the gift shop at the Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah. We drove roughly 10 hours out of the way (we were en route to Watercolor for the 4th of July) just to go to Savannah. We took the Paula Deen tour and also had lunch at the Lady & Sons. It was WELL WORTH the detour, we were like 2 kids in a candy shop. Click here to read Maria's recap of that trip. 
This was taken in November 2007 at the Paula Deen Live tour in Louisville. Notice the age group represented in the backgroud of the photo. Do you see anyone under the age of 35?...I don't either ;) Click here for another one of Maria's lovely recaps. 

No comments: