Monday, March 16, 2009

BLC March

BLC March- waiting in line outside the church
I know it has taken me a bit to post a recap of the BLC's trip to Elizabethtown, but better late than never! We all got together at my house Sunday morning around 5am. It was soooo early, but earlier in the week I called the church and they joked that we should camp out in order to get a good seat. We ate a quick breakfast and then got on the road by 6am. When we arrived, much to my surprise, there wasn't a huge line forming. We were able to stay in the van and chit chat for a bit before sending 2 at a time to hold our place in line. We were the first ones in the door for the 10:30 service. I was so proud :) The service started with worship (really good!) and then Kate came out. I saw her last year, but it was still a surreal thing to actually see her in person. She gave the same talk that she did last time, telling her story and the 6 lessons they have learned from the entire experience. I would guess that she spoke for around 30 minutes. She made a quick exit from the stage but they announced after she left that she would be having a book signing later in the afternoon. I was thrilled! The BLC headed off for lunch and then came back for the book signing. We were in and out in under 10 minutes. She was very friendly, and looked great. I was so happy we stayed for the signing, it was neat to actually have a short conversation with her. I always love anytime I spend with the BLC, and this trip had a little added bonus of getting to meet Kate. Stay tuned, in April the BLC is headed to Derby City to spend a day in Louisville. I can't wait!


2 comments:

The Travel Mom said...

What is the BLC Club and how could I join! Thank you for sharing your great day! xoxox

Jennifer said...

The BLC is a group of Ladies that get together once a month for dinner/an outing. Here are a few links to explain :)

http://jenniferbcochran.blogspot.com/2008/09/introducing.html

http://mrsneedham.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/bluegrass-ladies-club/