Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthdays and Beth Moore

The weekend before last (August 13-14) was crazy, but a good crazy! Friday night I went down to Rupp Arena with some ladies for a Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore! It was incredible to say the least! I kept thinking about how cool it was to be worshiping the Lord with 11,000 other women in an arena that typically worships basketball. It was sobering, and I loved it. Friday night one of my best friends was having her 25th birthday party in downtown Lexington's piano bar, the Penguin. Despite knowing that I had to be up around 6am on Saturday morning I decided to meet her at the Penguin to celebrate! I had such a fun time and was glad that I decided to go. Every time I was about to call it a night, my friend Emily would look at me and say "stay Jen, you are only young once!" I ended up getting home around 3:30am. I am tired just thinking about it.

Britt and me
Emily and me
The next morning I got up at 6am and headed back down to Rupp for day 2 of the Living Proof Live Event. I can say without hesitation that it was worth the lack of sleep! Day 2 was even better than the first night because she tied the whole lesson together. I love the part in a lesson that it all clicks and comes together to make sense, it's my aha moment!

After the last session, a group of us got the opportunity to go backstage and have a small meet and greet with Beth! Oh my word I was so excited. It was completely unexpected! I have always said that if I could meet 2 people it would be Paula Deen and Beth Moore. I need to pinch myself that both dreams came true in the same year.

I am in the back row to the left of Beth :) Can you spot a tired girl in the last row?! Thats me!


Here is a video that Rich put together of the pictures he took from the event! I loved watching it and thought I would share.

LPL Lexington KY from Rich Kalonick on Vimeo.


PS- Be sure to scroll down if you missed my last post. My cousin started a blog and I think you should read it ;)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I saw your blog through Ashley Camblin and wanted to leave you a comment. Thanks for being bold about the LORD.

I moved from Lexington to Tampa a little over a year ago, but I miss Lexington and KY every day. I miss UK. I miss the green grass and open spaces. I miss friends. I could go on and on.

BTW, I am totally with you on the Beth Moore thing. I would love to meet her. How did it happen?

I just became a follower of your blog, so I'll check back in to see what's going on in your KY world. Stop by and check out Amber's Articles sometime. I would love for you to link up to Journey of Faith Fridays

Amber said...

ps. i just realized we have 2 friends in common Brooke and Sarah S.

Jennifer said...

Hi Amber! Thanks for stopping by. I went to high school with Ashley :) I would love to link up to Journey of Faith Friday! I will follow your blog and do it sometime.

And how funny about Brook and Sarah! I went to college with Sarah and then became friends with Brooke through a mutual friend. Small world.