Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy father's day Dad! I love you!

I can't remember if I posted this video last year, but I am going to post it again just in case. I am a huge fan of Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife Mary Beth. I really started to follow their family's journey about 3 years ago after the unexpected passing of their daughter Maria. Ever since then I started reading their blogs and trying to keep up on things. Around May of last year they started asking for people to send in pictures of dad's with their children. All we knew was that they were going to put together some sort of video slideshow for father's day. I submitted my picture and really didn't expect for it even to be in the video, especially after they had to cut off submissions because they had gotten so many. Well, the video came out last year and sure enough, we made it! I was so excited. Here is the video. Pay attention to around the 1 minute mark.


side note here- I think it has to do with my blog formatting, but every time I post a youtube video on here, it cuts off the entire right side of the video. It even does it if I make the video smaller. So, if you have trouble, just double click on the video and you can view it on youtube.

Bryan, Erika and Brady Carter are a family in our church who also unexpectedly lost their daughter a few years ago. Bryan and Erika actually used to babysit me when I was little. The Carter family started the Natalie Wynn Carter Foundation in their daughter's memory after her death. They recently have partnered with Show Hope (the Chapman's foundation) to build a playground at Maria's Big House of Hope orphanage in China. You can read more about their efforts by clicking here.

No comments: